Tuesday 27 December 2011

Christmas creativity collapse.

Oh man. If the aardvark was a real live living aardvark, it would have totally have died of neglect and exposure and starvation and many other things that kill in a slow and debilitating manner over the last couple of months.

Any semblance of creativity has been totally smooshed out of my brain with a frying pan called 'I have a day job'. Work always seems to go stupid at the pointy end of the calendar and this year was no exception. I find myself entertaining fantasies of unexpected and stupendous wealth on a daily basis. Not so I could have heaps of things, but so I could have heaps of time.

However, I have been loving the little pockets of light in my new house and at least have some photos that I have been having fun playing with. Here are some.








And on the first day of my holidays, I sprang out of bed with the urgent and all too familiar I-must-move-furniture-around-immediately feeling and have finally configured our dining room in a way that works.These kinds of pressing furniture placement issues are generally consuming my brain when I am not thinking about my day job. Which I am not even sure if I want anymore. But that is a whole other barrel of cranky monkeys.

The dining room has been tricky from the start of the new house. It has a hilarious chandelier which is obviously a great start, and french doors and high ceilings so you know, it's not like it hasn't got things going for it. But every time I walked in there I felt like someone jabbed me in the eyeball with a fork. It was not right. It was wrong.

But now I think it is finally looking like a friendly place to be. It's still not quite there, I'm not convinced that in it's heart it's  a white room. Gold maybe? Or red? What do you think?






I love our new house. It makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. fwoar! love your house, love your seeing and capturing pockets of light . love your photos. love ya! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arranging furniture is like a spiritual discipline to me.... I can completely understand the fork in the eyeball experience. I do not presume to know what colour your room wants to be in its heart of hearts but I like the idea of gold. Little pockets of light sound very enjoyable... love your shoes photo and this post. Thanks for sharing. I've experienced a Christmas creativity collapse too but I feel inspired, as always, by your words and pics.

    ReplyDelete