Thursday 22 March 2012

P Day.

Well, there's no backing out now. I have confirmed my enrolment in the PhD program and am about to kiss life as we know it goodbye. From this point forward there will be a many headed monster of expectation, procrastination, anxiety and word count to manage on an ongoing basis. 

So, to make sure that my entire life is not taken over by the sensible trousers, this week I have been inspired to start a new group thang with my mates. I stumbled across this exceptionally good idea whilst searching for whole food recipes which I will employ to combat my sinking feeling that my family is eating way too much convenience food. Baked beans on toast anyone?

I floated this idea of a foodie club to my friends and have received great bucketloads of enthusiasm in return. There are now around 25 signed up members and we have a date for our first fiesta. However, we have tweaked the original cookbook club idea and are all going to cook from the fabulously food-filled Smitten Kitchen blog for our inaugural event. This will be an excellent source of distraction whilst planning my mammoth research and writing event over the next short while. Because, naturally, the most pressing question of the moment is not how shall I begin my literature review but instead, what am I going to cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment