Friday 15 July 2011

A is for Aaaargh!

Oh man. I have been working and working on this poem and I just cannot get it how I want it. And I am having Aardvark-related-poetry-deficit-guilt. I really want to get better at just smashing them out, but they are not so easily smashed. I am thinking about this one all the time, especially when driving in the car, and have even braved total wanker territory by recording words and snippets on my phone. But only when driving by myself, not when, like, waiting in the queue at the supermarket. I think this officially makes me a poetry tosser. Now there's a vocation to aspire to.

So now I am sitting in my home with a bowl of pretzels and a beer, thinking about the same blasted poem and wondering if I should approach it this evening. Perhaps instead I will tell you that I was at the opening of a great show last night. It is the work of my mate Tanya and jeez, it looks beautiful. The show is called On The Road and you can see it at the Rex-Livingston gallery in Surry Hills until the 7th of August. Truly, I know she's my mate, but this woman makes bloody fabulous art. And it was so fun swanning about, glass-o-wine in hand, chatting with lots of lovely people, not a cheese cube nor a chunk of cabanossi in sight. I think the one below was my favorite, but sadly it is not destined to come home with me as it has already been snapped up. Cause it's awesome. And yes, it is made out of actual cars.


Such inspiring stuff. Maybe I will go and have another bash at that poem after all. Besides, my pretzel bowl is empty, oh, and so is my beer. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment