Friday 15 July 2011

Words and pictures.

And this morning, whilst I was enjoying the extreme luxury of laying in my bed and thinking about nothing much, something happened in my brain. I had to get up and it was really cold but I did it anyway and went to fetch a book and pencil because I had ideas. Ideas that needed to be recorded with a pencil in a book because they were about things I want to make. In fact, a series of things I want to make. Yes, more than one thing, a whole bunch of things that are all related, and most of them made of paint. I was also thinking about how cool it would be to get hold of some of that yellow fluff that covers baby chickens, but that may have been a bit of a tangent. And I don't think the baby chickens actually molt the yellow fluff off, I think the yellow fluff physically transforms into feathers as the baby chickens reach adolescence. This complicates matters somewhat. Anyway, I did several pages of drawings and even made notes about how I would like things to look. So full of arty thoughts. It was a process worth climbing out of my leopard print flannelette sheets for. I think.

From  Sanctus Stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment