Monday 12 September 2011

Revelatory art breakthrough bonanza. With doilies.

On the weekend, I went to a wedding. I drove a long way to a beautiful place and went for a walk on the beach and then saw my friend be super happy with her handsome man-husband. And there was cake.

I liked this wedding for many reasons. One reason was the cake. Another was the girl with the immaculate black bob, seamed stockings, red lipstick and killer curves. Yet another was the wind-up-toy wars which erupted as the night wore on. But the special reason I liked this wedding was that it made me see myself in a slightly new way. And that is a very neat trick.

Because I gave art as a gift. Art that I made with my own hands, and a bit of help from Dave at the printing place. This means I was able to suspend my judgment of myself as not a person who makes art, and see myself as someone who might possibly make art and may even be confident enough about the art to give it to someone else. This was kind of amazing to me.

And my very special friend Sally Jackson did things to my getting-married-friend's dress with doilies that you would not believe. She made doily art and it was the best. So here are some photos of it.



1 comment:

  1. oh I lurve doily art... we got some on the trees in our front yard! Beeyoodiful. And so is that dress! Wowsers!

    ReplyDelete