Saturday 24 September 2011

The space in between.

I don't really feel like I live anywhere right now. My brain is frothing to get into the new house, my heart has definitely flown the coop and my physical body is sitting here amongst the chaos fighting the urge to just lie down on the floor and wile away the hours dreaming of colour and checking on the design files. 

And it's pouring. This is not a helpful incentive for cracking on with the pointy end of move preparation. Today it's the kitchen. My helpful husband has done some of the kitcheny bits already but I will be tackling the crockery and glassware armed with a mountain of newspaper and a sturdy disposition. Come to think of it, my disposition may need to be bolstered by a mountainous cafe breakfast before I can truly apply myself to the complexities of packing box politics.

In my down time yesterday I continued my search for some drawers that are not hideously awful as we need more clothes storage at the new place. This is due to the fact that we have very strategically purchased a home which has no storage in it at all. Not a sausage. Apart from kitchen cupboards. So, drawers are required. My question is, how come every single affordable second hand item of mid century furniture is in Melbourne? I mean, I know they are cooler than us and everything but I hadn't realised that this extended to a total monopoly on every single item I wanted to bid on from ebay. Seriously. I could have furnished my entire house in three days if only I lived in Fitzroy and wore desert boots and was studying architecture and enjoyed restoring vintage fixed gear bicycles.

So. Here are some of the things I found along the way that I do not have geographical access to, and cannot afford. But I'm not even sad that I can't afford them because really, it's a joy just to look at them. They're all from a beautiful store called retrocloud.




No comments:

Post a Comment