Saturday 25 June 2011

A startling discovery.

This afternoon something happened. I was writing some things and then I decided to do some crocheting. So I went directly from sitting at the computer writing, to sitting on the couch crocheting. Now, one of the reasons I like crocheting is because it pretty much empties my brain of all thought and turns me into a drooling woollen zombie. Which is a particularly peaceful thing to be. But today, I discovered that crocheting is the perfect accompaniment activity to writing poetry. Cause I would write some things and then as I crocheted, all the words I had just written would sort of circle around in my brain, and the crap ones would fall out and new and better and shinier ones would take their place. And then the words would circle around some more and after a couple of rows of crochet I would go back to the computer and write some stuff down and it would be like I hadn't really had to think that hard about it at all. Imagine! I am feeling pretty happy with this discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment