Friday 24 June 2011

Super impending interview excitement.

For months now, I have been wanting to start the process of fashioning interviews and photo essays about all the amazing people that I know who are doing super things with their creative brains. I have been waiting to purchase a pricey bit of equipment that would let me record directly onto my phone, so as to efficiently capture all the pearly wisdom which will no doubt be forthcoming. For week after week I have been feeling thwarted by my financial incapacity and projecting forward to the moment in time when I would hear the satisfying snap of my recording device plugging snugly into my phone. And then about five minutes ago it occurred to me to look in the App Store.

Der! One dollar and forty nine cents, and about forty five seconds, later I can record straight to my phone. This makes me feel a) old and feeble for not thinking about this earlier and b) incredibly cheerful cause now I can start sharing the astonishing pile of cleverness that is my friends and associates. Hooray!

And I had my second last painting class on Monday night, which now seems quite a long way away, in fact that means my last painting class will be in only three nights time. Boo hiss. I think what I would really like is if Fiona-the-painting-teacher would just come to my house once a week and we could have a natter and do some painting and she could tell me stuff and I could give her a bowl of soup and we'd be even.  Cause the prospect of the ongoing painting tuition is just not hugely financially viable in my universe. Maybe I should try and get together with some of the other people that I know who like to paint and do some sort of regular hanging out, painting & nattering event. Like a Tupperware party but without the plasticity. Like that great bunch of 'craft night' people in that Etsy video. I think they were in Texas. Here, let me see if I can find it.

Okay, watch this great little mini doco here. And watch out for the knitted caravan cover. These are people who are inspiring me to try to make a painting party. A very sedate one, of course. Perhaps with an element of baking and recipe swapping worked in as an added incentive. Sheesh. If my seventeen year old self could hear me now, she would just spit. Luckily she's at the pub getting drunk and then going to see a hardcore band so I can sit down with a cup of tea and get a bit of crocheting done. So many granny squares, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment