Tuesday 7 June 2011

Trouble in the brain.

Today is Tuesday. Last night was painting class number five. I didn't go. But wait, before you get your trousers of scorn and condemnation on, I have a really good excuse. My stepmum had an anuerysm and had to get her brain operated on. For dead set true. An actual operation on her one and only brain. So I spent the day yesterday at the hospital hanging out with my Dad, trying to be a good and helpful human and lessen the general state of anxiety that spousal neurosurgery inspires. Funnily enough I didn't feel so much like painting afterwards.

But I did do quite a bit of painting during the week. More on the pears of course. And another thing that I have started that I think might turn out to be about jellyfish. The pears are really my personal playground by now, I just keep doing different stuff to them to see what works. I may keep painting them indefinitely. They are kind of soothing. Comfort pears.  I can now understand the concept of painting the same thing over and over which I had previously thought was just odd and disturbing and downright uninspired.

And I am working on another poem, slowly. I think it may be about my husband. I have only ever written one poem about him before. And it was really just some slapped together flirtation on paper. But I've known him a pretty long while now, so perhaps it is timely to make some words say some things about him. And you know, I've been thinking a lot, well, since yesterday, about the whole brain operation bonanza. I think there might be the seed of something brewing in that soupy cerebral fluid. I don't have a clue what it is. Might be sort of shiny and arterial. Anyhow. I must go and talk with my friend Jessie who is a genius but requires me to make understanding noises whilst she figures out how to plan our friend Ruby's baby shower. What she doesn't know yet is that I have only one piece of advice to offer; more champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment