Tuesday 24 May 2011

I spy.

This technically breaks the rules of 'I spy' by not being in the immediate vicinity of my home. However it was in the immediate vicinity of my friend Jessie's home, which I consider my home by proxy. Four of us had eaten vast quantities of breakfasty treats and were playing with Jessie's nifty new school polaroid camera, which as you all know, is never not fun. In this photo are Jess and Ruby. Ruby will be having a baby in just a few short weeks, and yet still she manages to sport the best ever tights vs shoes colour combinations known to the Inner West. On this day the tights were a sort of bright violet puce and the shoes patent pink. No really, it was rocking.


I haven't really payed much attention to the photographing of humans, it seems like a much harder call than photographing inanimate household objects. Catching the lemon juicer from an unflattering angle is not really that much of a big deal. And whilst I don't imagine this shot will be winning any portrait prizes, and even though technically it's a wee bit out of focus, there was something about it I just liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment