Sunday 3 April 2011

And so it begins.

Okay. The first, most obvious, and easiest thing to do is pick up the camera. Uncanny how this used to make me feel like some kind of knowing, suave hipster who just got back from Berlin and now it makes me feel like a pretender. A clumsy, foolish tourist poking around on the rock platforms searching for a cliched still life with sea urchin. Still. It's a start. I can't just be all full sick hipster creative on my first excursion. Right? Actually, I'm pretty confident that I have never really had the hipster thing covered. I don't think crocheting & op shopping are the activities of choice for hipsters of any generation. Although guerilla knitting has brought the whole handicrafty bonanza some street cred. I did see a beautifully clad stripey, woolly pole in town recently and it made my day. Maybe I could go for a Christo style installation down at the beach and crochet covers for the rock platforms. Suddenly a rug seems a feeble choice. Just. Pick. Up. The. Camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment