Monday 11 April 2011

The snoot factor.

So this morning I enrolled in a painting class. I can't believe I am actually following my own rules that I made up. It seems almost unbearably well behaved. The course is called Painting Foundations and although I had to converse with an unattractively snooty lady, I am otherwise very excited. My whole brain has been very excited by all sorts of things in the last few weeks. And now I get to go to an art shop and buy supplies. Hooray!

And also I have been having some ideas about what to do with this blog. Because, quite frankly, I sincerely doubt that just talking about me is going to be terribly engaging for very long. I'm already getting bored with myself. Plus talking about myself makes me feel like I have my head inside my own bottom. So. I've been thinking. I know a whole lot of extremely creative and fairly amazing people. And some of the things I am interested in doing more of are photographing and writing. So I am thinking a series of stories on the people that I know and the things that they do. I will talk with them and photograph them and you will get to see a little bit of their process and their story.

Which is a nice fit for me, because part of this process is beginning to remember that creativity is everywhere and it's not all special and secret and snooty and all sorts of folks are doing truly great things right under our noses. And I am about to start ferreting them out and asking them to have a chat about it.
 
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Creativity IS everywhere. And I'm deeply grateful for my friend Athena reminding me. A bloggers life can sometimes be lonely my darling, but I need you to continue. I need to read your words and smile - and boy have I smiled! I love your view of the world, your engagement, your stories. Now that none of us are interviewing for new friends, it's time we gave more to each other, to create a living community. And this blog is a lovely way for this to happen. I want to hear more about painting! I'm a wooza and too often say "I'm not creative". I've broken through the "I don't DO exercise" and have been astounded at how better I feel...I wonder if ART is next?!! Perhaps....but you do it first 'Thena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Jessie Williams. You are spectacular. xxx

    ReplyDelete