Tuesday 5 April 2011

Some ways to encourage my waywardly sensible brain.

If this is gonna work, I reckon I have to take every opportunity to discourage my brain from being filled with straitlaced, sensible trousers noise. These are some things I think might help.
  • Look at other people's amazing stuff that they have done.
  • Drive in the car without the radio on; how can people be paid so handsomely to talk such shite? 
  • Enforce laying-down-on-the-floor-time.
  • Be in the nature.
  • Make plans. Or even a list.
  • Take over half my husband's music room and turn it into a place for me to do stuff that makes mess.
  • Stay away from the television.
  • Listen to Sesame Street songs, like the llama song.
  • Chuck some paint around with wild abandon and no care for the quality of the finished product.
  • Buy some paint.
  • Take the camera out on excursions.
  • Stop reading textbooks.
  • Oh my gosh, here's a revolutionary thought, maybe I have to stop reading. Reading for me is compulsive and it's possible that it has become a well disguised agent of procrastination. I mean, as long as you are sitting on the couch with the fruits of someone else's creative process being sucked up into your brain, you kinda don't have to do anything. Eek.
  • Encourage others in their creative pursuits.  
  • Go take some classes.
  • Forget about the washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment